Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Zuppa Toscana Soup!

I'm taking advantage of all this rainy weather and continuing on with lots of soups on the menu. Right now my kitchen smells like Zuppa Toscana soup. No I did not order carryout from Olive Garden. My Zuppa puts that to shame. Here's the recipe.

Zuppa Toscana Soup

1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp finely chopped garlic
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
One large onion diced
1 lb Italian sausage (I get mine at the Fareway meat department)
2 boxes Vegetable broth (I use Swanson 32oz. 100% Natural no MSG added)
10-15 small red potatoes sliced into rings
12 oz. Heavy cream (I use Picket Fence Creamery)
1 or 2 big bunches of fresh Kale, chopped to bite size
salt and pepper to taste

In a large pot cook olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, onion, and sausage, stirring often to ensure even cooking. Add in vegetable stock and sliced potatoes. When potatoes are cooked through add cream. Add chopped Kale right before serving.
I like to pair this with some yummy bread or toasted baguette topped with Parmesan and fresh basil. YUM!


No comments: