Monday, April 30, 2012

Rocky Mountain National Park

It's hard to believe that just a few days ago we were high up in the mountains. It was so exciting to start the drive to Estes Park and start to see the outline of the mountains. It had been way too long for me! And how sad it was to drive away and watch them fade out of sight.
This was the kids first trip to the mountains. I was so excited for them to see them. Caedmon was very set on collecting some mountain rocks. Payton kept telling Reagan that God made the mountains.
I LOVE the mountains. The smell instantly takes me back to Horn Creek where our family used to go for a week long conference every year when my parents were missionaries. Pop and I talked about those days some. It made me really miss being a kiddo.

Skipping rocks at the lake in Estes after a picnic lunch.

In Rocky Mountain National Park. First family trip to the mountains!

 It was still too early in the season to get to go higher. But we still had an awesome view! It was cold and windy!




Having a snowball fight with Grandpa.
In some spots the snow was still above the kids heads. 
 Even Minnie Mouse came up the mountain. Very important.


















Hidden Valley Trail







































Next year I'd like to take the kids on a horse back ride in the mountains or spend a few days camping. .. we'll see.

No comments: