Thursday, April 7, 2011

Baked Oatmeal

Baked Oatmeal 
by Erin Meschke (although I think she's changed this recipe in the last few years by making it even healthier, but I haven't gotten the updated one...yet.)

1/2 C apple sauce
1 1/2 C sugar
4 eggs
1 T baking powder
3/4 t salt
2 C milk
2 t vanilla
1 T cinnamon
6 C Old Fashion Oatmeal
1 bag craisins

Preheat oven to 350. Whisk together apple sauce, sugar, and eggs. Add baking powder and salt and blend well. Add milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Pour oats and craisins on top and mix thoroughly. Spray 9x13 pan and fill with oatmil mixture. Even out and bake 45 minutes.
Serve warm with milk poured on top (this is how my kids like it) or just plain (how I like it).

This is seriously the easiest thing to make! I whipped it up and got it in the oven in the amount of time it took Jason to read the kids a book...in the other room! The kids finished up the granola tonight for a bedtime snack so I decided to make up this baked oatmeal to have for the next few mornings. It's in the oven NOW. I'm currently smelling the rain and cinnamon! Yum! Maybe I will have some tonight with a cup of tea after the kids go to bed! Which I hope is very, very soon. Please God make it be soon.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Mmm, I've been meaning to try baked oatmeal. I've never had it before.