Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Names!

We recently decided on names for our African kiddos! We will be keeping their African names as their middle names. For security reasons I can't tell you those, but I can share the names we are intending on using as their first names. All the kid's names in our family end in N for their first names so we just decided to carry that on.

Our son will be Easton.
Why did we choose Easton?  Cause we like it.
What does Easton mean?  Eastern Settlement.  Exciting, I know.
Will we nickname Easton?  No.

Our daughter will be Madelyn.
Why did we choose it?  Cause we like it.
What does Madelyn mean? From Magdala. Magdala means elegant, great, or tower. That's coo.
Will we nickname Madelyn? No.

Besides Jessica to Jess and Jason to Jerk (ha! I made a funny!), I'm just not that into shortening names. Caedmon is still Caedmon and not Cade or CJ. Sometimes he's Caveman by people who can't pronounce his name. Payton is still Payton... or Payton DeBRA with an emphasis on BRA. I know. I'm classy. :) Reagan is still Reagan... or sometimes Reagan Rue, but I don't know why. I'm sure when the other two kids come we will eventually have extended personalized "nicknames" for them too.

So there you go. Hope you like the kids name. If you don't, I don't give a rats applesauce so just keep your opinions to yourselves. Otherwise I would love to hear the nice things you have to say. :)

2 comments:

Nancy H. said...

Beautiful and classy!!! That's what I think :) Yay!!

Jonathan North said...

I love the names, They fit perfectly with the rest of your family's names. I had never given thought to the fact that all your kids names end with an N before, but I think it's a great idea! It gives them all a rhyming quality. Completely off the subject of names, I just wanted to also say that I now love the phrase "Rat's Applesauce". :D I should try to think of some way to use that. :p