Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mom's Potato Soup

 Mom's Potato Soup
(this is NOT organic in any way or very healthy for you, but once you taste it you really won't care. Maybe someday I will work at making it healthier but at this point I'm not interested in changing an already perfect and soothing to my soul recipe of my momma's.)

6-8 medium sized potatoes, peeled and chopped bite size
one bag of frozen mixed veggies (or whatever veggies you like)
one large onion, finely chopped
6-8 large polish sausage links cut bite size (I usually use John Morrell polish sausages. I've also used kielbasa, or left over spiral ham. YUM!)
8 cups of water with 3 heaping Tbsp of chicken soup base OR 8 cups of chicken broth
1 Tbsp finely chopped garlic
8 American cheese slices
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a big soup pot or crock pot. Cook until potatoes are tender. Easy Cheesy.
This feeds a large group or makes for really good left overs!

2 comments:

Mandi said...

This is one of my absolute favorite soup recipes. I always think of when we were living together when I make it. Good soup, good memories <3

Jonathan North said...

"This is NOT organic in any way or very healthy for you, but once you taste it you really won't care."

Love this quote. :)

This recipe sounds really good. Jacob makes potato soup sometimes when everyone else is at work and/or school. Maybe I can get him to try this one. :)