Saturday, November 6, 2010

Soak it up. Roll around in it. Love it.

God works in cool ways! Yesterday a friend gave us a big chunk of money to put towards our adoption. I was shocked at the amount of the gift from this young 20 something person! It came with an awesome letter too! So special! This wonderful person had been encouraged by our obedience to God in moving forward in a faith required, unknown journey.  They were moved so much that they gave this big gift in a step of obedience to God in the area of giving and submission. THAT is priceless and we were humbled! It is so wonderful to see God moving in the hearts of His children. Their gift then spurred on the hearts of Jason and I. It's like God is saying, "Here you go. Now what are you going to do? I'm cracking open the door. Are you going to step through and watch what I can do?" THAT is priceless.

For those of you out there who have been interested in adoption or feeling God nudge you in that direction, but you've held back for whatever reason, whether it's lack of money or a small house or . . .  STOP! God can do it! We've hardly even began and God is already showing us that HE is at the center of this. It is HIS story in us. It is HIS provision that may or may not make it possible. It is HIS guidance that will show us what to do next. It is HIS strength that will hold us up when it's hard. Anything good that comes from this whole thing is only because of God and His love for His people.

Since August I feel like I have been on an exciting walk with the Lord. The last year my heart was spent in deep loneliness and self pity. It was a low time, but I'm SO grateful for the loneliness that He allowed in my heart. I finally truly realized that only HE can satisfy! HE is a PERFECT friend that never fails us! Since then, relationships have been restored, the leading to adoption began, I'm meeting and getting to know new, wonderful, Godly friends, and I HAVE JOY THAT IS PRICELESS. No amount of money can buy what the Lord has already given!
Another great Psalms passage for ya. These were our wedding verses and it's hanging on the wall in our living room. On any other busy day I might over look it hanging there. The last few days I've noticed it more. I love the Psalms! Can you tell?
Soak it up. Roll around in it. Love it.

 Psalm 73:23-26
23 Yet I am always with you;
   you hold me by my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel,
   and afterward you will take me into glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
   And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
   but God is the strength of my heart
   and my portion forever. 

2 comments:

The Massons said...

I'm loving reading this God story Jess! Thanks for blogging about it! :)

Janel said...

WHOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!